About Me

My photo
Slip pass this looking glass and enter into my world.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Banking...

I am so frustrated with Banking its not even funny!

It started yesterday when I got the mail, I see there is a notice from my bank, and it reads.

IMPORTIANT!

Now you and I both know that when you get a letter from your bank like this, its never a good thing.

So, my heart beats quickens as I open the letter and it reads.

You have used to many transaction in your Savings account due to Federal State Law.
You are going to be charged a fine each time after you go over this amount, please check account disclosure for anymore information or please call our customer service line.

As I read this I am blown away, I never had issues before.

IS Canada that much different with their Banking then the USA??

At first I am really upset at my bank, why was this not explained to me when I opened the account, really I used that many transactions? So many questions are running through my head.

I do my research and find out that its not just my bank, its all BANKS... see above...
The Underlined part! ITS the GOVERMENT that will not allow but 6 transactions through a savings account. So I let it go, yes I am out a few bucks... which is kinda sad but I learned my lesson, and know now to watch how many times I move money.

But WAIT! there is more.

Today I get a very frantic phone call from both my husband and my banker, saying that I have written my rent check out of my SAVINGS account and not the checking, and since I MOVED the money to checking to cover the rent check, there was not enough funds in that account to cover the check!

I tell the Banker... no I have written it out of the same account I have written the other 4 checks out of, why would I have a checkbook for a savings account, when I have a checking account?!?

Come to find out the lady I ordered my checks from did it through my SAVINGS account and NOT through the CHECKING account!!! Now I feel really stupid, why I didn't think to check the account numbers I am not sure. Maybe because Money IS supposed to come out of the CHECKING account when you write a check!! Am I right??

AND so this is why I HAD so Many FREAKING transactions!

Thankfully my banker is going to wave all the fees that are on the account and re-order the right checks for the right account.

So the moral of this post is .....PLEASE make sure, not just your name and address are correct on your checks! But also check to make sure the account number is correct as well.

<SIGHS>

Until next time... Happy Banking!



No comments:

Post a Comment