About Me

My photo
Slip pass this looking glass and enter into my world.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Veggie Wontons

I know I don't normally post about food, however I think I should start because food is a really big part of my life. I love eating food, talking about food, and sharing food.

So today I made veggie wontons! I also did my first go at Plum Jam.... not so sure how that is going to turn out.

But I know my Veggie Wontons will be wonderful, even if I didn't have everything I normally put in them.

I learned how to make wontons from a friend at a pot luck I went to. When we lived on Salt Spring Island, of course they were pork wontons, but that was back in the day when my husband ate meat. We now don't eat much meat in this house anymore.

So Wontons!  Above is the pic I took of the mixture I put in them.

Napa Cabbage, Carrots, and Snow Peas, a few dashes of soy sauce
 (I forgot to add the bean sprouts) :(
However, I am sure they will be just as good!

 
Here is the Picture with the mixture on the wonton, its just a tsp full, since these guys are so tiny!
 
The next step is a bit tricky....
How to FOLD the wonton! 
It Seems everyone has there own way of doing it.
Today I tried a new way and I seem to like it alot better.
First I wet the whole wonton with a brush of water, you can use egg whites... But I find water works just as well and I don't feel like I am wasting an egg. Then you just fold over the square to make a triangle  and then pinch the tips together.
Now we just have to see how they hold up when I steam them.
 
 
I pre-made these so after I pick the kiddos up from school I can spend more time helping out with homework. I will serve these with a dipping sauce made up of soy sauce, a dash of hot sauce and a small amount of oil... toasted seaseme oil is good in there as well. However I have none on hand at the moment.
 To go with the Wontons is an Asian style veggie noodle stir-fry.
That I will make right before its time to eat.
 In stir-fries I like my veggies tender crisp, and I find if I pre-make it, the veggies will be over cooked.
Who likes mushy veggies? I know we don't in this house!
 
Until Next time.... Happy Cooking!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment